Monday, October 09, 2006

I Bought


Saturday was a glorious day in London. Though there was a definite nip in the air the sky was an endless blue and the sun was brilliant. Didn't realise until I saw the bus coming that I didn't have my bus pass so had to leave the lovely boyfriend dreaming in the sunshine and run home to retrieve it. So we were a little later than we might have been if I'd been more awake.

I needed to make some stock so I bought 2 chicken carcasses at Wyndham's for £1

Ginger Pig was next where I bought a big piece of boned and rolled leg of pork for Sunday and lunches, a big thick slice of rump steak, some smoked bacon and eggs - £38.90

We were feeling a little peckish what with the autumn chill and everything so we bought an egg and bacon roll and a sausage in a roll from the concession Roast has set up at ground level - the meat was good but the buns, though fresh, were far too dense - £7.50

I needed Parmesan so we stopped at the Italian stall and got a lovely piece and a round of soft cheese that we are assured is truly amazing - £10

Vegetables next from Booths - lettuce, sugar snaps, fennel, broccoli, butternut squash, coriander, onions, garlic, shallots, lemons, the first brussel sprouts - seriously moving into more substantial fare as the temperature drops - £9

Carrots from Total Organics £1.20

A small tub of smoked salmon from the Irish stall outside Brindisa because I cannot resist - £3.50

Milk, cream, crème frâiche and bread from Neal's Yard - £9.60

In an heroic act of self-denial there was no chocolate brownie for the my sweetheart this week - I'm not sure why. We still managed to spend £80.70 for the week

No comments: